Gifts and Tax Advantages
Oregon Cultural Trust
Give The Gift That Grows
Preserve Our Past * Celebrate Our Present * Ensure Our Future * Support Oregon's Culture
A permanent endowment:
** We've grown our endowment to $3.2 million, and . . .
** We've awarded over $2.5 million in grants statewide.
How Is The Trust Funded?
1) Contributions by individuals and corporations directly to the Trust.The cultural tax credit program that offers a 100% dollar for dollar tax credit off your Oregon State Taxes.
2) Profits from the conversion of certain state-owned surplus assets (lands).
3) Revenue derived from the sale of a special "cultural" license plate.
How Does The Trust Support Culture?
1) Every county and all nine federally recognized Native American tribes receive an annual
grant that helps them expand programs and increase access to culture in their local community.
2) The state's largest cultural organizations (our five key partner agencies in the arts, heritage,
historic preservation and the humanities) receive funding to support their already existing
Oregon Arts Commission
Oregon Council for the Humanities
Oregon Historical Society
State Historic Preservation Office
Oregon Heritage Commission
* Recognized by Gov. Kitzhaber in 2001 as organizations that have statewide cultural
significance in terms of programming and funding.
3) Cultural organizations across the state are able to apply for competitive grants that help
support, stabilize and grow cultural projects.
million dollars this year.
(up from 25 awards the previous year)
Total grant monies for all three categories totaled nearly $1.3 million this grant cycle.
The Cultural Tax Credit: What is it?
owe after completion of all other tax assessments.
The cultural Trust tax credit is a 100% dollar for dollar credit applied toward your
Oregon State Taxes
How Can You Support The Trust?
1) Make A Contribution To An Eligible Oregon Cultural Non-Profit
2) Make A Matching Gift To The Trust
3) Claim Your Tax Credit For Your Gift To The Trust On Your Oregon Income Tax (Line 41!)
credit on your contribution to the Trust
$2,500 for Oregon corporations
Visa or MasterCard!
Or mail a check to the Cultural Trust.
Oregon Cultural Trust
775 Summer St. NE, Suite 200
Salem, OR 97301
this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test this is a test